Tuesday, October 6, 2009

my finds from Round Top, Warrenton & Marburger Farms flea markets

My finds from the Texas flea markets. I am realizing that I am really into the cremes, blacks and of course tarnished silver lately....Couldn't resist this minature diary from 1885. .....so fun to read.
I couldn't believe it when i found these.......they fit me like a glove! Not sure I'll wear them but had to buy them.....and they were so cheap!

I found this fun rusty metal holder.....perfect for all my tarnished silver.
I will cover up the yellow & blue name plate but not sure with what yet....any ideas?

French books!! They were everywhere but found these special ones to bring home.


Fun clock.......what is even more fun.....the name on it is Nielsen......my moms

maiden name.



Diane and I each got one of these.....a great holder for postcards, originally found in an old cash register. I also bought these wonderful roses out of vintage pattern paper.



Isn't this fantastic! It is all hand drawn.


lovely bottles


great smaller journal and lovely velvet from Europe













9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great Finds! Especially love the silver trays! Right up my alley!

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Awesome finds!! Love the shoes! Wear them! They are great!

I'd leave the name plate on the rack. I think it's a great contrast to the tarnished, more formal silver.

Glad you had a good time. It looks and sounds amazing!

June said...

Denise these finds are awesome! Everything is just what I love. I'm thinkin' that clock is way too cool. I know you already had the awesome silver trays, but I wanted you to know that I covet them BIG TIME.
Hugs,
June

June said...

Oh, and about those shoes!!! Love em! If you can't think of where to wear them, I can.
Can I put you on my blog roll? I keep missing your posts and I don't want to miss anymore. For some reason I do better when I see them on my side bar.
Hugs,
June

The Attic Girls said...

Great finds..I would leave that name on that metal holder..it's great.

Anne Lorys said...

You really got some great stuff, wasn't it an absolute blast? I only hit Warrenton, just spent one day there. Next time, I'm staying a week and renting a U-Haul!
All the best,
Anne

Anne Lorys said...

Oh believe me, I DO want to go to Round Top/Marburger Farms, most definitely. How would you say it compared price and quality wise to Warrenton?
Since I recently became a dealer, I'm all about finding the best deal, but am not opposed to breaking the bank for that One. Special. Piece. I simply cannot live without.
Anyway, hope to see there in the Spring!
Hugs,
Anne

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

What wonderful stuff! I'm so envious...

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love all your finds! I am really into those colors now, too!
Michelle